Unlikely most delicious desserts, this creamy sauce contains just a trace of fat. So I can satisfy my sweet tooth with little guilt.—Beverly Irick, Indianapolis, Indiana
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, milk, cocoa and corn syrup. Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Best served immediately. Serve as a dip for fruit, or pour over frozen yogurt or angel food cake. Yield: 1/3 cup.
Originally published as Low-Fat Chocolate Sauce in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p44
Reviews for Low-Fat Chocolate Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2014
"Too sugary and thin for me."