Low-Fat Chocolate Muffins Recipe
"The men in my house don't like low-fat foods," pens Mona Kruse of Milan, Illinois. "But I always keep these muffins in the freezer because the guys can't seem to get enough of them."
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in the yogurt, milk and vanilla just until moistened. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 128 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC