"The men in my house don't like low-fat foods," pens Mona Kruse of Milan, Illinois. "But I always keep these muffins in the freezer because the guys can't seem to get enough of them."
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in the yogurt, milk and vanilla just until moistened. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Low-Fat Chocolate Muffins in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p45
Reviews for Low-Fat Chocolate Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review