Low-Fat Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in the yogurt, milk and vanilla just until moistened. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Low-Fat Chocolate Muffins(9)
Sort By :
I am baffled by this rating. Not only was the texture weird and rubbery, but there was absolutely NO flavor. I even put choc. chips in and this did not help at all. My husband usually eats the new things I make that I don't like, but even he spit it out. Ick.
I made these,and liked the flavor, lil dense, and muffins stuck to paper liners,but good.
Even using low fat yogurt and milk instead of fat free, it came out to only 3 WW points plus, and still at its heart just a delicious muffin! I'm rather amazed. What a find!
I add a few chocolate chips to please my young daughter's sweet tooth. They also freeze well.
In addition to the lowfat quality, I also made these muffins with reduced sugar. I used 1/3 c Splenda brown sugar and 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk instead of the sugar and added an extra 1/2 t of baking soda. I made them extra appealing to my family by adding chopped walnuts to the batter, not chocolate chips. We ate them virtually guilt free!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Muffin Recipes >
- Muffins >