- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in the yogurt, milk and vanilla just until moistened. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Low-Fat Chocolate Muffins
Sort By :
"Very tasty! It's a slightly denser muffin, with a light chocolate flavour. I switched in Balkan-style yogurt for the fat free Greek, and 2% milk instead of fat-free milk. Also folded in 1/4 cup chopped walnuts before baking. Love how quickly these came together, will be making again!"
"I am baffled by this rating. Not only was the texture weird and rubbery, but there was absolutely NO flavor. I even put choc. chips in and this did not help at all. My husband usually eats the new things I make that I don't like, but even he spit it out. Ick."
"I made these,and liked the flavor, lil dense, and muffins stuck to paper liners,but good."
"Even using low fat yogurt and milk instead of fat free, it came out to only 3 WW points plus, and still at its heart just a delicious muffin! I'm rather amazed. What a find!"
"I add a few chocolate chips to please my young daughter's sweet tooth. They also freeze well."