These soft cake-like cookies have a mild cocoa flavor and cute chocolate chip topping. Better still, they're ready fast and have just 2 grams of fat! —Mary Houchin, Lebanon, Illinois
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, oil and egg whites. Beat in sugars and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to applesauce mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until slightly firm.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Low-Fat Chocolate Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p17
Reviews for Low-Fat Chocolate Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review