- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, oil and egg whites. Beat in sugars and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to applesauce mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until slightly firm.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Low-Fat Chocolate Cookies
Sort By :
We used sweetened applesauce and 2 eggs instead of 3 egg whites, and they turned out delicious! Also just regular chocolate chips, not miniature. These are so good!
Gooey soft and addictive! Shockingly easy to make!
I made these cookies yesterday and was quite perplexed when they came out not too a good texture - it was clay like and very condensed too much cocoa with not enough sugar. I wonder what i didn't do right???
I made these cookies today.They are great.Thank you
Pretty quick and easy, and people can't believe how low-fat and low-calorie these are.