Low-Fat Chocolate Cake
"This yummy cake is so chocolaty and satisfying," relates Diana Scofield of Niceville, Florida. "I sometimes enjoy it with a scoop of fat-free ice cream."
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk
- egg whites, water and corn syrup. Stir into dry ingredients. Pour
- into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 176 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch.