Low-Fat Cherry Cobbler
"I love to cook and especially enjoy sharing the results with family and friends," informs Mary Dudek of Alliance, Ohio. "This is a lighter version of my cherry cobbler."
15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- In a bowl, beat yogurt and sugar. Add egg whites; mix well. Combine
- flour and baking powder; stir into yogurt mixture. Pour into a
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon cherry
- filling on top. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until filling
- is bubbly and toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 172 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.