Low-Fat Cheesecake Recipe
"No one would ever guess this smooth, rich-tasting dessert is low in fat," assures field editor Vera Reid of Laramie, Wyoming. "Drizzled with cherry pie filling, it's a delicious lovely treat."
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, 2/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add egg substitute; beat until smooth. Pour into a 9-in. pie plate that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until puffy and light brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine sour cream and remaining sugar and vanilla. Spread over cheesecake. Bake 15 minutes longer. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate.
- 3. Before serving, top each serving with 2 tablespoons cherry pie filling. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 214 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC