Low-Fat Carrot Cake Recipe
“Loaded with spice and carrot flavor, this moist and luscious cake is guaranteed to impress.” Rebecca Baird - Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, buttermilk, egg whites, egg, oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, spices and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Fold in carrots and pineapple. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and vanilla; beat until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece equals 263 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Low-Fat Carrot Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC