Looking for sweets that won't add inches to your waist? Try this fudgy fare from Anne Withers of Cortland, New York. "These moist chewy brownies don't have much fat," she says. "And the recipe makes 2 dozen, so it's ideal for parties and potlucks."
Recommended: 32 Light Desserts That'll Hit the Spot
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, beat egg substitute for 1 minute or until frothy and slightly thickened. Stir in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Low-Fat Brownies in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p15
Reviews for Low-Fat Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2013
"Yummy! No one would even guess they were lowfat! My kids just gobbled up these delicious brownies!"
Reviewed May. 7, 2011
"These tasted way better than I thought they would! Yum!~ Theresa"
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2010
"Don't substitute Splenda for sugar in this recipe."