Low-Fat Brownies Recipe
Looking for sweets that won't add inches to your waist? Try this fudgy fare from Anne Withers of Cortland, New York. "These moist chewy brownies don't have much fat," she says. "And the recipe makes 2 dozen, so it's ideal for parties and potlucks."
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, beat egg substitute for 1 minute or until frothy and slightly thickened. Stir in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt; add to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Low-Fat Brownies in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p15
Reviews for Low-Fat Brownies(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2013
Yummy! No one would even guess they were lowfat! My kids just gobbled up these delicious brownies!
Reviewed May. 7, 2011
These tasted way better than I thought they would! Yum!
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2010
Don't substitute Splenda for sugar in this recipe.