- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- In a large saucepan, combine the broccoli, onion and broth; simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Puree half of the mixture in a blender; return to the saucepan.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 3 tablespoons of milk until smooth. Gradually add remaining milk. Stir into the broccoli mixture. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Low-Fat Broccoli Soup
"I made this twice. Was really good with cheese"
"Great! Everyone's fav! I double the broccoli and onion, and use 32 oz of chicken broth. (Still use same amt cornstarch and milk.) Then blend less than half of broccoli base b/c we like it chunkier. Soooo good!"
"I have made this recipe many times and have even used cauliflower instead of broccoli. It really is a wonderful and easy soup."
"So easy and so good everyone had seconds"
"I added a small amount of cheddar cheese to this soup - yummy!"
"I may add a few more low cal/low fat ingredients; but I really like using fat-free evaporated milk."