Low-Fat Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
You'll never miss the fat in full-flavored Low-Fat Blue Cheese Dressing, assures Tracey Baysinger of Salem, Missouri. "The recipe is from a chef at a California resort," she explains.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:28 servings
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine cottage cheese, yogurt, onion and garlic; process until smooth. Stir in blue cheese. Store, covered, in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (1 tablespoon) equals a free food; also, 11 calories, 34 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 1 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, trace fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC