Low-Fat Bean Dip Recipe
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seeded minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl. Use raw vegetables or tortilla chips for dipping. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
2 tablespoon: 28 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Low-Fat Bean Dip
"Very easy, and quite tasty. Just watch out after cutting up those jalapenos!"
"This one is a keeper. Especially beautiful when put in hollowed out green, yellow and red peppers. Wear gloves when working with the Jalapeno and don't touch your eyes. Excellent!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.