Low-Fat Banana Muffins Recipe
If you are watching your diet, you don't have to give up your favorite baked goods; just make them a little lighter. This recipe makes a delicious muffin that you won't even realize what you are missing.—Marcia Lane, Hemet, California
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 3 to 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 15 muffins.
One muffin equals 163 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC