- 12 small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add corn; cook for 3-5 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, oil, salt, garlic powder and seafood seasoning.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread kielbasa, shrimp, potatoes and corn. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting with butter mixture. Yield: 12 kabobs.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Low Country Kabobs
"These kabobs are DELISH! The right amount of seasoning and the shrimp, corn and sausage goes excellent together. I also used chopped onion. These were well received at a recent backyard BBQ."