Low Country Grill Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, divided
- 12 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 3 medium ears sweet corn, cut in half
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oil with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt, garlic powder and seafood seasoning. Add potatoes; toss to coat. Spoon onto a greased double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square).
- 2. Fold foil around potatoes and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until tender, turning once. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the butter with remaining salt, garlic powder and seafood seasoning. Grill kielbasa and corn, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until kielbasa is heated through and corn is tender, turning occasionally and basting corn with half of the butter mixture. Keep warm.
- 4. Thread shrimp onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers; grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting with remaining butter mixture. Slice kielbasa into six pieces before serving. Carefully open foil from the potatoes to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 566 calories, 37 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 1,536 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.