Low Country Grill Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, divided
- 12 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage
- 3 medium ears sweet corn, cut in half
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, combine the oil with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt, garlic powder and seafood seasoning. Add potatoes; toss to coat. Spoon onto a greased double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square).
- Fold foil around potatoes and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until tender, turning once. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter with remaining salt, garlic powder and seafood seasoning. Grill kielbasa and corn, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until kielbasa is heated through and corn is tender, turning occasionally and basting corn with half of the butter mixture. Keep warm.
- Thread shrimp onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers; grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting with remaining butter mixture. Slice kielbasa into six pieces before serving. Carefully open foil from the potatoes to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Low Country Grill(6)
Sort By :
Just loved this recipe! Will make it again.
This is an awesome but very quick meal my mom would throw together on the grill growing up in MN & we continue to keep the tradition going... Thank You Alaina Showalter, from your neighbor here in Gastonia, NC for posting this recipe, it's been a while & now seeing the picture makes my mouth water all over again so will have to make this meal over the Memorial Day Weekend.
You know this is good when your 8 year old daughter eats more than her father!
Absolutely love this recipe. We added crab legs, yum.
This was so good! I didn't have either of the meats, so used Hilshire beef smoked sausage. They have varieties, and also "light" varieties for people concerned with the fat content. Definitely make it again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Corn >
- Grilled Seafood >
- Grilled Shrimp >
- Grilled Shrimp Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >