Low-Calorie Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, egg whites, pumpkin, sugar substitute, biscuit mix, vanilla and spices until smooth. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- 2. Pour into a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dollop with whipped topping before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece with 2 tablespoons topping equals 124 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.