Love You Potpies Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (1/2-inch)
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheet. Cut sixteen hearts with a floured 2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk egg and cream; brush over hearts. If desired, sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. For filling, in a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables; cook and stir until tender.
- 4. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Spoon into four 10-oz. ramekins or bowls; top with pastries. Yield: 4 servings.
1 potpie: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Love You Potpies
"love the creamy rich sauce. but I added more spices and more peas and mushrooms. When cooking the carrots and other vegies, cover the pan to get carrots done. Gail Borczyk, Field Editor"
"I loved this recipe! I used both pieces of puff pastry ... One onbottom of 9x 13 pan and the other I cut into shapes and laid on top."
"Used the filling recipe, which was good. But cut some puff pastry I had leftover from another recipe and bake and served on top filling."
"We loved this, I added mushrooms and garlic to mine and my husband love it."
"Sounds fantastic, but at our house store bought pie crust is a NO GO! also pie has to have crust and these cute little hearts don't really count. I do love how simple the filling is to make though."
"My Family loves this!"
"My son prompted me to try this recipe. I used Krystal's tips. The pot pies turned out great!"
"I made this last night and with a couple additions it was awesome. Along with the veggies I added mushrooms and minced garlic. I also made an extra cup of gravy and added about 1/2 tsp of poultry seasoning. My husband loved the Love You Pot Pies. Krystal"
"How many stars would your DH give this recipe?"
"my DH loves pot pies but I was raised on them and can't stand them anymore but will make these to please him."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.