- In a small bowl, whisk egg and cream; brush over hearts. If desired,
- sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- For filling, in a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high
- heat. Add vegetables; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a
- boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Spoon
- into four 10-oz. ramekins or bowls; top with pastries. Yield: 4
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.