Love You Potpies Recipe
With its golden brown crust and scrumptious filling, these comforting potpies will warm you down to your toes. They're the perfect way to treat those you love. —Laurie Jensen, Cadillac, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (1/2-inch)
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheet. Cut sixteen hearts with a floured 2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk egg and cream; brush over hearts. If desired, sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. For filling, in a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables; cook and stir until tender.
- 4. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Spoon into four 10-oz. ramekins or bowls; top with pastries. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC