- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (1/2-inch)
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheet. Cut sixteen hearts with a floured 2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and cream; brush over hearts. If desired, sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- For filling, in a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Spoon into four 10-oz. ramekins or bowls; top with pastries. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Love You Potpies
Sort By :
My Family loves this!
My son prompted me to try this recipe. I used Krystal's tips. The pot pies turned out great!
I made this last night and with a couple additions it was awesome. Along with the veggies I added mushrooms and minced garlic. I also made an extra cup of gravy and added about 1/2 tsp of poultry seasoning. My husband loved the Love You Pot Pies. Krystal
How many stars would your DH give this recipe?
my DH loves pot pies but I was raised on them and can't stand them anymore but will make these to please him.