- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (1/2-inch)
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheet. Cut sixteen hearts with a floured 2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and cream; brush over hearts. If desired, sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- For filling, in a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Spoon into four 10-oz. ramekins or bowls; top with pastries. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Love You Potpies in Mom's Best Recipe Cards 2012
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Love You Potpies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pot Pie Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >