Love Me Tender Chicken Bake
This dish lives up to its name. Basking in a rich, creamy broth and topped with buttery cracker crumbs, the chicken breast pieces melt in your mouth. Elvis himself could not have resisted this heart-warming dish.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender.
- Add chicken and water; heat through. Remove from the heat. Stir in
- the soup, sour cream, water chestnuts and almonds.
- Pour into eight greased 1-1/2-cup baking dishes. Sprinkle with
- cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or
- until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 519 calories, 34 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 596 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.