This dish lives up to its name. Basking in a rich, creamy broth and topped with buttery cracker crumbs, the chicken breast pieces melt in your mouth. Elvis himself could not have resisted this heart-warming dish.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Add chicken and water; heat through. Remove from the heat. Stir in the soup, sour cream, water chestnuts and almonds.
- Pour into eight greased 1-1/2-cup baking dishes. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Love Me Tender Chicken Bake in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p21
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Love Me Tender Chicken Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review