- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- In a large skillet, saute onions and celery in butter until tender. Add chicken and water; heat through. Remove from the heat. Stir in the soup, sour cream, water chestnuts and almonds.
- Pour into eight greased 1-1/2-cup baking dishes. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Love Me Tender Chicken Bake
Sort By :
"Honestly, there just isn't much flavor to this recipe."
"I made this recipe for my family tonight and we all enjoyed it. I thought it called for a TON of food so I cut the portions down to feed our family of 6. I used only 3 celery ribs instead of 6. I did not saute the celery and onion, I just added some olive oil to the mix. I used around 2 or 3 cups of chicken instead of 5. I did not use any water. In place of the soup, I made a white sauce by cooking until thickened 3 tablespoons of flour, and 3 tablespoons of butter, and 1 cup of milk. I added only 1/2 cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup of almonds and 1 can of water chestnuts. To prepare it I just mixed everything together in a skillet until heated. I also just put all of it into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Instead of crushing crackers, I just topped it with whole ritz crackers. I baked it for about 30 minutes. Overall, unique and satisfying dish. Will make again."
"DELICIOUS! This was so good! We used cream of chicken soup instead of the cream of mushroom. We also halfed the recipe and it made plenty. I would definitely make this again. It's a new favorite!"