Love Knots Recipe
My sister, Margo, and I prepared the feast when I wed Richard. These rich, tender rolls were my favorite part of the meal. They absolutely melt in your mouth!
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted, cooled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sesame seeds, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 2 teaspoons sugar in water. Add milk, butter, eggs, salt, remaining sugar and 4 cups flour; beat on low for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Divide into four portions. Cover three with plastic wrap. Shape one portion into 12 balls; roll each ball into an 8-in. rope. Tie into a knot; tuck ends under. Pinch to seal. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining three portions. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes. Beat egg yolk and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 89 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Love Knots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC