- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- 3 cups shredded uncooked sweet potatoes
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, milk and butter. Combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice; stir into the egg mixture with sweet potatoes.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Louisiana Sweet Potato Casserole
"I've been looking for this recipe for years. I had one similar and lost it. The only exception is mine used can milk, all the rest is the same. You can't go wrong with Aline's Louisiana's Sweet Potato Recipe. Anyone that doesn't like Yams or Sweet Potatos, but, likes Pumkin Pie will really love this Casserole.BRING ON Thanksgiving!!!"