Louisiana-Style Taco Soup
“This is one of my family’s favorite quick and easy soups on a cold winter’s day,” Julie Whitlow attests from Alexandria, Indiana. With just a few ingredients and your favorite garnish, it’s ready in no time.
13 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) red beans and rice mix
- 1 package (9 ounces) tortilla soup mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Prepare mixes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
- oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir
- in the salsa, prepared rice and soup. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes
- or until heated through. Garnish with sour cream. Yield: 13 servings
- (3 quarts).
Editor’s Note: This recipe was prepared with Zatarain's New Orleans-Style Red Beans and Rice and Bear Creek Tortilla Soup mix.