"This is a Lenten favorite at our home," notes Sundra Hauck, a field editor in Bogalusa, Louisiana. "I serve it right out of the roaster with corn on the cob and boiled potatoes." —Sundra Hauck, Bogalusa, Louisiana
10 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound butter, cubed
- 3 medium lemons, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2-1/2 pounds uncooked shell-on medium shrimp
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring
- Place shrimp in a large roasting pan; pour butter mixture over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turn
- pink. Serve warm with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 pound) equals 424 calories, 38 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 267 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.