Louisiana Shrimp Recipe
- 1 pound butter, cubed
- 3 medium lemons, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2-1/2 pounds uncooked shell-on medium shrimp
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Place shrimp in a large roasting pan; pour butter mixture over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring once. Serve warm with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
1/4 pound: 424 calories, 38g fat (23g saturated fat), 267mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Louisiana Shrimp
"Tried this recipe today...buttery n light tasting...husband liked them better than party shrimps (also in TOH) ...I cut the recipe in 1/3 but still thought it uses way too much butter...also the lemon wedges left a little bitter taste in the end but that's perhaps because the lemon I used was green n not fully ripe...will be making it again...ate all the shrimps and saved the excess butter to use again!!"
"Nice zing without being too hot. My 9 year old daughter,16 year old son, and husband loved it. I had all the ingredients on hand and simple to make."
"This is delicious! I made it for dinner for my nieces and served it with corn on the cob and broccoli rice."
"that was a hit, very good."
"This has become my new favorite! My eight year old twins love it !"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.