"This is a Lenten favorite at our home," notes Sundra Hauck, a field editor in Bogalusa, Louisiana. "I serve it right out of the roaster with corn on the cob and boiled potatoes." —Sundra Hauck, Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 1 pound butter, cubed
- 3 medium lemons, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2-1/2 pounds uncooked shell-on medium shrimp
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place shrimp in a large roasting pan; pour butter mixture over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring once. Serve warm with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Louisiana Shrimp in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p59
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Louisiana Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review