- 1 pound butter, cubed
- 3 medium lemons, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2-1/2 pounds uncooked shell-on medium shrimp
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place shrimp in a large roasting pan; pour butter mixture over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring once. Serve warm with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Louisiana Shrimp
Sort By :
"Nice zing without being too hot. My 9 year old daughter,16 year old son, and husband loved it. I had all the ingredients on hand and simple to make."
"This is delicious! I made it for dinner for my nieces and served it with corn on the cob and broccoli rice."
"that was a hit, very good."
"This has become my new favorite! My eight year old twins love it !"