Louisiana Red Beans and Rice Recipe
- 4 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir before serving. Remove bay leaf. Serve with green onions and rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Louisiana Red Beans and Rice(16)
Sort By :
Big hit with whole family. Saute'd vegetables and decreased cooking time to 4 hours. Tossed in some fresh parsley and thyme...yum!
My family loves this dish. I serve it over brown rice to make it a little more healthy and because white rice seems to soft. it gets mushy.
great dinner. Its a comforting dish.
Received major compliments from my husband his friends. Very hearty. Start this in the morning before I leave for work and come home to dinner. Love this recipe.
believe it or not, people in Louisiana do NOT put tomatoes in red beans or gumbo!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Stew Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Stew Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Stews >
- Slow Cooker Turkey >
- Stew Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >