When friends visit from other parts of the country, I treat them to a Cajun-style Christmas. This flavor-packed seafood dip gives them a delicious taste of the Bayou State.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, horseradish, Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Stir in crab and onion. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs with paprika; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Serve warm with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Louisiana Crab Dip in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p23
Reviews for Louisiana Crab Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review