Louisiana Barbecue Brisket Recipe
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons each salt, garlic powder and pepper
- 1 teaspoon each cayenne pepper, dried oregano and ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 fresh beef brisket (4 to 6 pounds)
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 to 4 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 4 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings. Rub 2 teaspoons over brisket. (Place remaining seasoning mixture in an airtight container; save for up to 3 months for another use.)
- In a large bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; stir until brown sugar is dissolved. Pour 2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add the brisket. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Drain and discard marinade from brisket; pat dry with paper towels. Place brisket over pan; grill, covered, over indirect low heat for 30-45 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Transfer brisket to a heavy-duty disposable roasting pan. Pour 1-1/4 cups of reserved sauce over brisket. Cover with a double layer of heavy-duty foil and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over indirect low heat for 3-4 hours or until meat is fork-tender. Slice brisket across the grain. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Louisiana Barbecue Brisket(1)
Sort By :
I admit that I was afraid to make this recipe at first, but when I did I was pleased with the results. I think my brisket had too much fat on it, though, so I will definitely trim most of the fat off next time. But, I think I must have had the whole neighborhood wondering "What is she barbecuing?" because it smelled sensational while it cooked. Kind of a fun recipe that I think I'll try again this summer (2008) for a party.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Brisket Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >