Lots-a-Veggies Stew Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetable soup, undiluted
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 272 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 1088mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 9g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Lots-a-Veggies Stew
"I found this recipe in the Taste of Home magazines and have made it several times. The whole family really enjoys it."
"no meat suppose to be in this catagoy"