Long Boy Cheeseburgers Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 loaves brown 'n' serve French bread
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a 2-quart bowl, mix together first eight ingredients. Cut each loaf of bread in half lengthwise; spread one-fourth of meat mixture over each half, covering all the way to edges. Place on baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes or until meat is cooked, sprinkling with cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking. Cut into slices to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 297 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Long Boy Cheeseburgers
"Medicore ketchup flavored open faced meatloaf sandwich. The best part was the melted cheese. My wife and I ate half a sandwich and threw the rest out."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.