Long Boy Cheeseburgers Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 loaves brown 'n' serve French bread
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a 2-quart bowl, mix together first eight ingredients. Cut each loaf of bread in half lengthwise; spread one-fourth of meat mixture over each half, covering all the way to edges. Place on baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes or until meat is cooked, sprinkling with cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking. Cut into slices to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 297 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein .
Reviews for Long Boy Cheeseburgers
"Medicore ketchup flavored open faced meatloaf sandwich. The best part was the melted cheese. My wife and I ate half a sandwich and threw the rest out."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.