Long Boy Cheeseburgers
This flavorful sandwich is fast to prepare and makes a complete meal with a salad.—Edna Griffin, Macon, Georgia
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 loaves brown 'n' serve French bread
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 2-quart bowl, mix together first eight ingredients. Cut each
- loaf of bread in half lengthwise; spread one-fourth of meat mixture
- over each half, covering all the way to edges. Place on baking
- Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes or until meat is cooked,
- sprinkling with cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking. Cut into
- slices to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 297 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 733 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.