This flavorful sandwich is fast to prepare and makes a complete meal with a salad.—Edna Griffin, Macon, Georgia
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 loaves brown 'n' serve French bread
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 2-quart bowl, mix together first eight ingredients. Cut each loaf of bread in half lengthwise; spread one-fourth of meat mixture over each half, covering all the way to edges. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes or until meat is cooked, sprinkling with cheese during the last 5 minutes of baking. Cut into slices to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Long Boy Cheeseburgers in Country Ground Beef 1993
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Long Boy Cheeseburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review