- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil. Combine tomatoes, chilies, taco seasoning, bouillon and sugar; pour over the roast. Cover and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast to a platter and keep warm. For gravy, pour 2 cups pan juices into a saucepan. Combine cold water and flour; stir into pan juices over high heat until thickened and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Serve with roast. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Lone Star Pot Roast
Sort By :
Very good if you like your meat a little spicy. Great sliced and served with mashed potatoes or shredded and served with tortillas!
One of our favorites. Been making this since it first came out. Yummy!!!!
Love this recipe, it's my favorite pot roast. I've made it numerous times just as a roast and as a sandwich filling. Just shredded the meat and put back in the gravy. Awesome. Have taken to potlucks at work as a sandwich filling and everyone loved it. Thanks, Helen, for sharing this incredible recipe!!!
This was very good, made an excellent filling for tacos!
Been making this over and over since it first appeared in 1995! Best review is my husband's co workers requested the recipe after merely smelling the leftovers that he took for lunch reheating.