Lone Star Deviled Eggs
No, these weren't created deep in the heart of Texas, but the barbecue flavor will make you think you're visiting the Lone Star State! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded beef
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a
- small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons barbecue
- sauce, mustard, salt and pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg
- Cut beef into 1-inch pieces. Garnish eggs with beef and remaining
- barbecue sauce. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed egg half equals 91 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.