Lone Star Deviled Eggs
No, these weren't created deep in the heart of Texas, but the barbecue flavor will make you think you're visiting the Lone Star State! —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded beef
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a
- small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons barbecue
- sauce, mustard, salt and pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg
- Cut beef into 1-inch pieces. Garnish eggs with beef and remaining
- barbecue sauce. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed egg half equals 91 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.