No, these weren't created deep in the heart of Texas, but the barbecue flavor will make you think you're visiting the Lone Star State! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded beef
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, mustard, salt and pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- Cut beef into 1-inch pieces. Garnish eggs with beef and remaining barbecue sauce. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Lone Star Deviled Eggs in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p12
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Lone Star Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review