- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, drained
- 3/4 cup salsa verde
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a shallow bowl, combine cream and salt.
- Dip both sides of each tortilla in cream mixture; top with 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining cream mixture over top; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and freeze for up to 6 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lone Star Chicken Enchiladas
"I left out the salsa verde and the olives, just because I didn't have those on hand. Delicious! Will totally make again!"
"This recipe is definitely a keeper!! I have made/cooked it fresh and frozen...both are excellent. All my friends have asked for the recipe. We never have leftovers."
"WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Totally delicious. The kids went back for seconds!"
"Delicious! I did not change one thing except to halve the recipe. This will be my new go-to enchilada recipe."
"Love this recipe, but skip the cream and use cream of chicken soup instead....mucho reduction of calories"
"I made it with( one can each) mild enchilada sauce, cream of mushroom soup and evaporated milk. Flour tortillas warmed monetary jack cheese and green chilies. Delicious"
"I made it with fat free half and half. It was excellent."
"This was okay, but not amazing. I used half and half instead of cream to bring down the calories."
"excellent and refreshing twist on creamy enchiladas. Ive made them several times now, this recipe is part of our meal rotation"
"Wonderful recipe! Calories are scarey but i adjust the other meals the day I serve it. I have made this twice, first for friends and then once for me. I plan to make this dish for my neighbors very soon. I also cheat with the rotisseire chicken to speed up prep time."