Lone Star Cheese Ball
This strikingly orange appetizer has the perfect amount of spice and crunch. Sprinkle cilantro on top for a nice accent. —Laurel Leslie, Sonora, California
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup baked nacho-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine the first five ingredients; cover and
- process until blended. Stir in chilies. Cover and refrigerate for 1
- Shape into a ball. Combine crushed tortilla chips and cilantro; roll
- cheese ball in chip mixture. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without chips) equals 94 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.