Lone Star Cheese Ball Recipe
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup baked nacho-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a food processor, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process until blended. Stir in chilies. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Shape into a ball. Combine crushed tortilla chips and cilantro; roll cheese ball in chip mixture. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without chips) equals 94 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.