This strikingly orange appetizer has the perfect amount of spice and crunch. Sprinkle cilantro on top for a nice accent. —Laurel Leslie, Sonora, California
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup baked nacho-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process until blended. Stir in chilies. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into a ball. Combine crushed tortilla chips and cilantro; roll cheese ball in chip mixture. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Lone Star Cheese Ball in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p34
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Lone Star Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review