- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup baked nacho-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process until blended. Stir in chilies. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into a ball. Combine crushed tortilla chips and cilantro; roll cheese ball in chip mixture. Serve with tortilla chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 cups.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Lone Star Cheese Ball
Sort By :
This is my nephews favorite and I'm required to make it at any gathering (sometimes i get a phone call from him because he just has a craving). I alter it a little, 1/4t onion powder, 3/4t garlic granuals and 6ozs green chilies. This recipe is definately a "10" in our family!
Hi made this and loved it but i am not a fan of the chips so i rolled it in very crispy bacon
both ways are great
I made this for a picnic and now I am asked to bring to every event I go to.