Seafood lovers can’t get enough of this brunch tart. If you like, substitute chopped shrimp for some of the imitation lobster.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation lobster
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle lobster into crust. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolk, cream, mayonnaise, wine, lemon juice, parsley, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper; pour over top.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Lobster Tart in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p26
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lobster Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review