- Place the tenderloin in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan;
- fold ends under tenderloin. Bake, uncovered, at 475° for 20-25
- minutes or until browned. Cool to room temperature; refrigerate
- until chilled.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold one puff pastry sheet; cut
- lengthwise along one fold line, forming two rectangles. Cut smaller
- rectangle into a 6-in. x 3-in. rectangle; use remaining piece for
- decorations if desired. Moisten a 6-in. edge of large rectangle with
- water. Attach smaller rectangle along that edge, pressing lightly to
- seal. Roll out 2 in. longer than the tenderloin on each side.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with egg white.
- Remove and discard kitchen string from tenderloin; place onto the
- pastry. Roll out remaining puff pastry into a rectangle 8 in. wide
- and 5 in. longer than the tenderloin; place over the meat. Brush
- pastry edges with water; fold edges under meat. With a sharp knife,
- make four slashes across top of pastry. Brush with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40 minutes (meat will be cooked to
- medium doneness); cover loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning if
- necessary. Transfer to a serving platter. Let stand for 15 minutes
- before slicing.
- Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 496 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 600 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 45 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.