Lobster Newburg Recipe
- 3 cups cooked lobster meat or canned flaked lobster meat or imitation lobster chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sherry, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 8 crackers)
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the lobster in butter and paprika for 3-4 minutes; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring cream and Worcestershire sauce to a gentle boil. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine egg yolks, sherry if desired and salt.
- 2. Remove cream from the heat; stir a small amount into egg yolk mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in the lobster.
- 3. Divide lobster mixture among four 10-oz. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 882 calories, 81g fat (48g saturated fat), 505mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 29g protein
Reviews for Lobster Newburg
"made this for Good Friday.......so delicious,easy to make!"
"Delicious! Easy to make!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.