Lobster Newburg Recipe
- 3 cups cooked lobster meat or canned flaked lobster meat or imitation lobster chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sherry, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 8 crackers)
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the lobster in butter and paprika for 3-4 minutes; set aside. In a large saucepan, bring cream and Worcestershire sauce to a gentle boil. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine egg yolks, sherry if desired and salt.
- 2. Remove cream from the heat; stir a small amount into egg yolk mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in the lobster.
- 3. Divide lobster mixture among four 10-oz. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 882 calories, 81g fat (48g saturated fat), 505mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Lobster Newburg
"made this for Good Friday.......so delicious,easy to make!"
"Delicious! Easy to make!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.