Loaded Waffle Fries Recipe
Make most any meal better with these Loaded Waffle Fries, topped with a savory blend of cheese, scallions and bacon. I copied this family favorite recipe from a local restaurant and it's great with hot dogs, burgers or by itself. —Jeffrey Viccone, Decatur, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 cups frozen waffle-cut fries
- 1/2 to 1-1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons real bacon bits
- 1. Arrange waffle fries in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Sprinkle with steak seasoning; toss to combine. Top with remaining ingredients. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 261 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC