Packed with veggies and bursting with flavor, this chunky dip is sure to be a hit at your next party. Be sure to serve it with a thick cracker that can be used as a scoop.
Recommended: 52 Cheer-Worthy Tailgate Appetizers
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) vegetable recipe mix (Knorr)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, finely chopped
- Assorted crackers or baked pita chips
- In a large skillet, saute the broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, onion, celery and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil until tender. Stir in the artichokes, cream cheese, vegetable recipe mix, garlic powder, white pepper and cayenne; set aside.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the broth, cream and remaining oil. Stir in the broccoli mixture, Italian cheese blend and basil. Fold in spinach. Cover and cook on low for 1-2 hours or until cheese is melted and spinach is tender. Serve with crackers. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Loaded Veggie Dip in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p81
Reviews for Loaded Veggie Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review