- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature pretzels, broken
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Shape 1/4 cupfuls of dough into balls; place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Loaded-Up Pretzel Cookies
"Great combination of flavors...a bit crispier than I like in a cookie though."
"These are delicious. I don't like coconut, so I replaced it with 1 cup butterscotch chips and another 1/2 cup of pretzels. The sweet/salty combination is really good."
"This is a great recipe. I wasn't sure if the "2 c. pretzels, broken" meant 2 cups pretzels 'before' they were broken or 2 cups broken pretzels so made them both ways - both turned out well but the first way were a little flatter. I used a medium Pampered Chef cookie scoop and got 4 1/2 dz. delicious cookies."
"Added pecans. Soooo good!"
"Perhaps my expectations for this cookie were too high after reading all the positive reviews. I didn't overbake them but they were rock hard nonetheless. In fact they were so hard I couldn't taste any of the added goodies - pretzels, coconut or M&M's. If I make them again, I'll use less flour and more coconut and pretzels - and perhaps use mini chocolate chips instead of M&Ms. A huge disappointment!"
"Every single time I make these cookies they disappear! The best cookie ever, hands down! Any function that I go to , these are the cookies everybody asks me to make. I love to make them with "seasonal" M&M's. My only adjustment is to make them smaller....more to go around!"
"these cookies are awesome !!!! I made them the first time for an event at church ,and they disappeared pretty quickly !!"
"I made these to try for an upcoming cookie exchange. I consider myself a good baker. I usually don't get excited about cookies, but I have to say, these are one of the best cookies I've tasted. Just follow the recipe, and they will turn out amazing. Very unique tastes. As with any butter cookie based recipe, make sure your butter and sugars are creamed well., and chill dough prior to baking."