"I tried out these 'broiler pizzas on my family at lunch one day," says Terri Keeney of Greeley, Colorado. "My husband and daughter loved them and insisted I send in the recipe. It serves two, but you can increase the ingredients to make as many as you need."
Recommended: 24 Game-Changing Grilling Recipes For Two
- 2 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Place tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with beans and salsa. Top with cheeses, bacon and tomato.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of tortillas are lightly browned. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Loaded Tortillas in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p9
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Loaded Tortillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2012
"Very good. The bacon is a must. Wish the bottom of the shell was crispy, though."
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2010
"This is tasty, good combo of flavors. My only trouble was it was a bit challenging to figure out how to eat it. :)"