- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne.
- Shape 2 teaspoons cream cheese into a ball. Wrap 1/4 cup of potato mixture around cream cheese to cover completely. Drop into crumb mixture. Gently coat and shape into a 1/2-in.-thick patty. Repeat with remaining cream cheese and potato mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry stuffed pancakes, a few at a time, 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8 potato pancakes.
Originally published as Loaded Stuffed Potato Pancakes in Simple & Delicious February/March 2014
Reviews for Loaded Stuffed Potato Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2014
This is a good idea for leftover mashed potatoes; however, I couldn't get mine to stay in the perfect circular shape.
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2014
My husband loved these potato pancakes! Can't wait till we have leftover mashed potatoes again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Side Dishes >
- German Vegetarian Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive German Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potato Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Side Dish Recipes >