- 2-1/2 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup 2% milk, warmed
- 1/2 cup spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain; return to pan. Lightly mash potatoes, gradually adding milk, cream cheese and butter to reach desired consistency. Stir in bacon, cheeses, green onions, tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Loaded Smashed Taters
"So good but I don't even want to know how many calories were in them. This would be a good recipe for a crowd."
"Yummy!! I make this same recipe with everything except the tomatoes. I love mashed potatoes with the skins, great flavor & no pealing!!"
"Gonna try this and if it turns out ad good as the picture, I'm adding it to my list of favorites."
"I gave this 5 stars even though I haven't yet made it because the ingredients as listed are mouth-watering when blended together - have used them together in other recipes. If I'm not mistaken (it's not mentioned), this potato salad can be eaten warm, room temp, or cold - Yes?"
"Great variation on regular mashed potatoes. My sons loved the bacon; we enjoyed the different cheese flavors and substituted chives for the parsley. We doubled the recipe and needed to adjust the prep time upward."